Saturday, April 17, 2010

Tinkering with iMovie

The time spent playing around with iMovie was probably the most fun I have had (on a computer) in a long time. I thought it was so neat how we were able to download a few videos then do some cutting and mixing together to create a project. I felt like a movie editor!

In my future classroom I can certainly see how this program will be engaging for my students. Upper elementary students might be able to maneuver within this program to create a school project. I do not doubt that high school students will be able to effectively utilize this program for educational purposes. Just think about how much more interesting student projects can be... Move over PowerPoint!

On a more serious note, I believe that iMovie is a program that could work for some projects. It did take a little while to get used to the program, and there seemed to be many steps to remember, but it was not too complicated to figure out. With a little practice this program could easily find its way into classrooms across the nation. iMovie can also be used for entertainment purposes, not just to create a school project, which I think is another reason it will be attractive for students and teachers. In my future classroom I certainly would not mind taking advantage of all that iMovie has to offer me and my students... just so long as we had enough time to familiarize ourselves with the program before creating any projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment