Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Discoveries within ITunes

I am a mac girl. I have always owned a mac computer and I will most likely always own a mac. That means that I am very familliar with the majority of I- applications (ITunes, IPhoto, etc.) because those are the only programs I have ever really used. That being said, I am still fascinated when I discover something new while using a mac application.

I knew about the ITunes Store and have purchased songs, movies, television shows, and games from it. However, I have never truly understood the use of podcasts. I have limited knowledge on this subject because I do not have much experience with podcasts. I have only listened to 2, maybe 3 podcasts in my entire life and I most certainly have never recorded one. During tonight's class I realized that there is a whole new world of media that I can continue to discover and utilize. While in class I searched several topics in the podcast area and I was surprised that each time there were results that matched my search criteria! Environment, Rachel Maddow, Keith Olberman, kindergarten... these subjects all had multiple podcast results!!

I still am a little confused about the topic of podcasts and there are many questions I have (like how to get the entire podcast to download instead of just one track!) but you can't rush technological understanding. Now that I know how to find podcasts that I am interested in I will continue to explore this media option.

1 comment:

  1. That's great that you are still learning more! I am the exact opposite of you...I have never had a Mac nor really used one much. However, I am enjoying them more and more each time we have class...will I switch over the "Mac land" in the future? Possibly...

    ReplyDelete