Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Presentation Night

While listening to my peers discuss their topics I realized that there was something to be gained from each presentation.

At times, I am somewhat of a math geek and I prefer exercising my brain by solving problems without the use of a calculator -time permitting. During Vadim's presentation I was reminded of the luxury calculators have given us. I was also shocked that about 7 years ago I did not need a walk through of how to do all of those functions. That's because I knew how to use my TI-87 like anything else. It was easy! But, since I have not kept up with my calculator skills, I have absolutely no idea how to do such extensive functions on my precious calculator. Good thing I am not planning on becoming a high school math teacher!

One other thought that really stuck with me was the information explained during Tracy's presentation. I had no idea that there were other software types that were similar yet vastly different for Smart board technology. I just thought that Smart boards were Smart board technology and there were no other options for using a smart board. The website that she showed us was the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. The entire time she was exploring the Promethean site I kept thinking about how cool it will be to explore at home. Then I realized that it wouldn't work because I don't have a Smart board. I still wrote down the websites because maybe someday I will have my own Smart board and those sites will be very helpful when that day comes!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you when it comes to calculators. I have not used one in a long time either but his presentation did bring back some math memories for sure!

    ReplyDelete